Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Break in Moab

 For Spring Break this year, we headed down to Moab.  Our first day was spent driving out to Gemeni Bridges, one of my favorite places in Moab.  You can see the double bridges in the top left of the picture. 

 The kids found a nice place to sit for a minute.
This was Moby's maiden voyage off road.  Not too bad! 
 
 This is my driving off road!  Lovin it!  Seriously, Moab is one of my most favorite places.  I love the red rock, I love the blue skies, I love off roading, I love hiking, I love all of the land formations. 
What's not to love?
The kids crashed out at the end of the day!  We did spend an ample amount of time swimming. 
Between the hiking and the swimming, they were worn out. 
 The next day, we hiked Negro Bill Canyon up to Morning Glory Bridge. 
We ate lunch at the bridge and hiked back down. 



I love canyon hikes with water.  They are the best!


Morning Glory Bridge...the 6th longest spanning natural bridge in the world.


Family photo...Lila is there. She is alseep in the backpack carrier.  We covered her up so that she wouldn't burn.

Now she's awake and enjoying lunch. 


I love climbing on rocks, and so do all of the kids.  Another reason that I love Moab.  We hiked the kids over 4 miles through water, up and down hills and all over the place.  It was great fun.  During the last mile we did promise them ice cream to aid their attitudes as we finished up.  That, and some more swimming cooled us right down.  What a great trip! 

1 comment:

amelia said...

LOOKS so FUN! miss you guys!