Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lila is one!

This is Lila the week she was born.

This is Lila now.
Lila turned one on April 16th.  This year sure has flown by.  Probably our most favorite thing this last year has been Lila.  She is such a delight.  She is a happy and very easy baby, unless I really need her to be good (like at harp recitals, plays, etc.).  She adores her sisters and loves to be with them.  She likes to go places, but even more she likes to be home.  She loves to crawl all around.  She alternates between a regular crawl and a frog hop where she moves her arms forward and slides her legs behind.  It is pretty comical. 

Her favorite food is canned green beans.  Seriously.

She can eat a whole can of green beans in one sitting.  She loves almost any food though. 
She loves a variety.  If you are eating something, she will definitely want to try a bite. 

She is a daddy's girl.  Her first clear word was "Poppy" (the name the girls call Chad).  She likes to say it all day long and can't wait for him to wake up, come home from work, come back from the store...anything so that she can be with him again. 

We had a small birthday party for her.  She loved opening the presents.  You can see that she had many helpers.

Here she is testing out her new carseat. 

I think that she liked the box even better!

We gave her a little rattle that looks like a stick horse that makes a clip clop sound and plays a little song if you shake it just right.  You can see that she is a big fan.  BTW, don't you love the one leg protruding from her pj's?
I love Lila's ear to ear grin.  I love how she snuggles against my chest in the morning when she first wakes up.  I love how she consistently says, "Ah ee" for Ah Oh.  I love how she is so hands on.  She loves to push buttons.  This last week she started treating everything like a phone, holding it up to her ear and saying "Hi".  I love the smell of Johnson and Johnson baby lotion on her and will continue to put it on her as long as possible.  Seriously, that is the scent of a baby.  I honestly love that she is not walking yet.  It helps her to still seem like a baby to me.  I love how she leans into you to give you loves.  I love that she already loves to be outside.  Oh, so many things to love.  I most of all love that she came to be a part of our family.  Happy Birthday Lila!

No comments: