Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mom and Dad are going on a mission!

So today I got a text from my Dad while I was teaching.  It read, "Can you be at our house at 9:15?  We have a letter from box B."  I wrote back, "Is this for me?  What is box B?"  Through the course of a couple additional texts, I learned that box B meant that they had received a mission call.  What?!  This was the first I had heard about them and a mission.

I called my sister after I finished teaching to get the skinny.  It turns out that my parents started the process at the beginning of November.  They were hoping to have a call by Christmas.  They didn't tell any of us about it.  Well, the call came today.

They will be serving in the Tucson, Arizona Mission in Silver City, New Mexico as CES teachers.  This is my Dad's dream mission.  He grew up in Silver City.  He and my Mom have taught Institute for 10ish years.  They will serve 12 months, so that they will be back when Jonathan returns from his mission.  They report to the MTC April 16th. 

My mind is reeling.  I am excited and surprised.  This is going to be a very interesting year in our family!

1 comment:

The Buckley's said...

Wow that is so cool! How exciting for your family.